Tuesday, December 21, 2010

goodbye, grand valley


This Christmas season has been BUSY. Between school events, graduation ceremonies and celebrations, substitute teaching, holiday parties, cooking delicious food, job interviews, and Red Robin (typical), I’ve hardly had a moment to relax and appreciate the fact that I am now a college GRADUATE!


I know everyone says this, but the past 3.5 years really have flown by… from my time as a dorky freshman in Nerdmeyer to my wonderful student teaching experience this past semester. it's been challenging and rewarding and frustrating and enlightening; full of new experiences and a whole lot of learning. For now, I am grateful for a long term sub position (kindergarten kiddos!) at the school I have been all semester, two rooms down from 'my' class, and that I will still be living with my closest college friends for a few more months of fun.



So even though the future is incredibly scary and unknown, I'm choosing to celebrate today. There is so much life abounding all around me, especially during this sacred and busy and JOYFUL season. I'm looking forward to some time to read, enjoy my family, exercise, cook, and learn about the God who I can trust with everything, including my future.




"However, as it is written:

What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has imagined
the things God has prepared for those who love him—"

Corinthians 2:9


No comments:

Post a Comment