Thursday, November 25, 2010

gratitude abounding

My heart is full of thankfulness today. God has been revealing to me his sweetness and goodness lately in significant ways, and I simply can’t miss this moment to stop and say thank you.


Thank you for the joy of cooking and eating (especially today), and thanks that I can share this joy with my lovely mother.


Thank you for the ways in which my sistas and best friends encourage and listen and even laugh at my dumb jokes. Thanks that they have been such a constant, huge, safe, and wonderful part of my life for all of these years.


Thank you for my pets and for all the love and entertainment and companionship they bring to our household.


Thank you for my eighteen students, who lift my spirit and brighten my life every day. Thank you for their eagerness to learn and their sweet interactions.


Thank you for Morris—for all of the love and shalom that goes on in this place. Thank you for my roommates, for their honesty and caring and for the ways we support one another. and for all the other good, passionate people in my life. I am so blessed.


Thank you for my church, for providing me with a place where I can worship, listen, find community, and be comforted and made uncomfortable.


Thank you for my family…for our laughter and our love.


Thank you for HOPE, for bittersweet endings and new beginnings, for my future that is still very much unknown. Thank you for showing up in my life in fresh but familiar ways.


"Let us know the seeds of life's goodness within us and between us. And let us handle it's gifts with wonder." Happy Thanksgiving to you all.



(also, check out Milly’s blog…lots of good stuff going on there: http://molmille.blogspot.com/2010/11/on-advent-dating.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment