Saturday, October 30, 2010

In the Beginning

It’s a Friday night-- the dishes are piled up due to a broken hot water heater, my eyelids are starting to droop much more exaggeratedly, a pile of research waits longingly for my attention, and I just dribbled dessert on my sweatshirt (whoops). In the midst of this season of busyness and a demanding schedule, genuine, less than perfect moments of quiet, stillness, and rest are both precious and needed. I am appreciating that kind of moment tonight.


Here at 716 Morris, the drawer underneath the oven hardly opens; the floors creak loudly. The back right burner on the stove refuses to ignite, and Harryson the large and hairy spider clings himself to my bedroom window every evening (I don’t mind). This structure is not flawless by any means, but it’s real. and there’s so much to love about that. Real conversations, real friendships, real food (of course), and real s p a c e for me to live each day just a little bit better than the day before.


So for now, I’m writing. Who knows what this blog may become-- food? photos? random thoughts?-- but my intention is to share what’s on my heart or mind... whether it be butternut squash or Jesus or something in between. thanks in advance for reading!


Happy Friday, friends. May you find rest today.

No comments:

Post a Comment