Wednesday, February 2, 2011

snowed in

today I was supposed to begin a long term sub position in a kindergarten classroom and rush from there to get to my middle school teaching job across town. instead, I spent the day sleeping in, shoveling snow in an attempt to get my car out of the driveway, cooking pumpkin curry (and eating of course), and preparing for my first day tomorrow. I printed out the lesson plans, packed my lunch and my bags, and hopped in the shower extra early to get a good night's sleep..... until finding out that school is canceled again! a nice surprise, I will admit, but the anticipation of the day and the eagerness to get started is beginning to weigh on me. seventh and eighth graders are so unique and fascinating, but I'm really excited to get back to the little ones, innocent and blossoming, once again.

the past month has been multifaceted: one on hand, chilly and dark and scary; on the other hand, full of presence and light and possibility. a difficult balance, no doubt, but I'm okay with living in that tension for now.
-bursting with new and finding comfort in old
-celebrating now and recognizing the temporary
-delighting and grieving
-contentment and yearning
-cold temps and hot yoga :)

happy february, folks! enjoy the beauty and fragility of every moment, even in the depth of winter.

2 comments:

  1. Since it's February, that means it's a special month for you! Just thought of what I'm getting you....Be excited. :)

    ReplyDelete